Friday, July 27, 2007

New Bikes

I've got the OK from my financial manager (Tammy) to get a new bike next Spring. While we were in Crested Butte I rented a Gary Fisher Caliber 29er and had a great time riding the Lower Loop on a full suspension 29" bike. The obstacles were definitely easier to handle but I'm not so sure I want to get away from 26" bikes. So, I'm looking at getting either an '08 Giant Trance X1 or an '08 Gary Fisher HiFi Deluxe 29er. Both are considered in the realm of All Mountain bikes which will give me the choice of cross country or moderate downhill riding.

I'm going crazy waiting for the arrival of the '08s at my local bike shops so I can demo each bike and finally make my decision. I've read a ton of forum posts and preview write-ups on the web, but I ultimately have to try out each bike on my own.

Has anyone else been looking to get one of these bikes? If so, let me know what you're thinking.

No comments: